Today, I'm participating in a fun blog tour for my friend (and multi-award-winning author) Tricia Goyer's book, A Whisper of Freedom. During the tour, you can enter to win one of FIVE signed copies of A Whisper of Freedom by signing up for Tricia's newsletter here!
About the book: Battles heat up…not only those being waged by the soldiers on both sides fighting for Spain, but in the hearts and minds of the men and women who must sacrifice more than their dreams to save the lives of their loved ones.
In this meticulously researched novel, brave and idealistic Sophie, Philip, Jose, and Deion realize their only hope for freedom is escaping Spain's borders.
By continuing the story of this band of volunteers during the Spanish Civil War, A Whisper of Freedom proves that there are whispers of hope and liberty that resonate through even the darkest night.
Buy the book
Watch the series trailer
Here's the MEME Tricia gave us to answer (wanna see other bloggers' answers? Click here to see the list of blog tour hosts):
1. List three things you would do with a chest full of gold (assuming you got to keep it!) One: give money to my favorite causes and bless my extended family members. Two: pay off our credit card and mortgage. Three: save money for the boys' education and put away enough money so that my hubby and I could work some, travel some, and minister together (with finances as no concern) as God leads.
2. List three charities/missions/organizations you support (and why). Hmmm....let's see. I love supporting Life Today with James and Betty Robison, because they are doing such neat work all over the world, with water wells, poverty, and (with their newest project, House of Destiny) even rescuing children out of human trafficking situations. We also give to Samaritan's Purse, Franklin Graham's organization. They meet basic needs all over the world, earning the right to share Jesus' love after they've been His hands and feet to the neediest people on our planet. And my hubby and I also support the Gideons, who faithfully place Bibles in hospitals, schools, hotels, and conference centers around the world. We like to give Gideon Bibles in people's honor and/or memory.
3. List three ways you have volunteered your time/services. I've taught at Christian Women's Job Corps, which helps women get a free education and job training, and which emphasizes Bible study and shows the love of Jesus in a very tangible way to women in dire straits who need--and deserve--a hand up (not just a handout). With my hubby and our music theater co-horts, I've sung at nursing homes in our area. And I volunteer to help with both my son's schools when opportunity presents itself.
4. List three things you keep "hidden" when company comes over. Our closets, the garage and our master bathroom. The house LOOKS straight, until you open certain doors. :)
5. List the last three things you've lost. A cellphone (expensive!), garage door opener, and the back to our satellite box's remote control (can you say "toddler in the house?").
6. List the last three things you've found. A toy, a remote control for the T.V., and lots of crackers and Cheerios (all of these were in the space between the couch's cushions and its back. Yuck!).
Fun questions! Why not answer on your own blog, and get a chance at a great prize?
Three brave participants will be selected to win their own lost gold (Gourmet chocolate coins and all three books in the Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series). To enter all you have to do is answer the MEME on your blog and then leave a comment here that you’ve posted. Easy.